初中英语经典美文-永远的朋友

宇晴 1172分享

  初中生想要提高英语成绩的话,平时可以多读一些经典美文,这对提高成绩很有帮助。小编为大家推荐了经典美文,希望可以帮助到大家!

  永远的朋友

  "A friend walk in when the rest of the world walks out."

  "别人都走开的时候,朋友仍与你在一起。”

  Sometimes in life,

  有时候在生活中,

  You find a special friend;

  你会找到一个特别的朋友;

  Someone who changes your life just by being part of it.

  他只是你生活中的一部分内容,却能改变你整个的生活。

  Someone who makes you laugh until you can't stop;

  他会把你逗得开怀大笑;

  Someone who makes you believe that there really is good in the world.

  他会让你相信人间有真情。

  Someone who convinces you that there really is an unlocked door just waiting for you to open it.

  他会让你确信,真的有一扇不加锁的门,在等待着你去开启。

  This is Forever Friendship.

  这就是永远的友谊。

  when you're down,

  当你失意,

  and the world seems dark and empty,

  当世界变得黯淡与空虚,

  Your forever friend lifts you up in spirits and makes that dark and empty world suddenly seem bright and full.

  你真正的朋友会让你振作起来,原本黯淡、空虚的世界顿时变得明亮和充实。

  Your forever friend gets you through the hard times, the sad times, and the confused times.

  你真正的朋友会与你一同度过困难、伤心和烦恼的时刻。

  If you turn and walk away,

  你转身走开时,

  Your forever friend follows,

  真正的朋友会紧紧相随,

  If you lose you way,

  你迷失方向时,

  Your forever friend guides you and cheers you on.

  真正的朋友会引导你,鼓励你。

  Your forever friend holds your hand and tells you that everything is going to be okay.

  真正的朋友会握着你的手,告诉你一切都会好起来的。

  And if you find such a friend,

  如果你找到了这样的朋友,

  You feel happy and complete,

  你会快乐,觉得人生完整,

  Because you need not worry,

  因为你无需再忧虑。

  Your have a forever friend for life,

  你拥有了一个真正的朋友,

  And forever has no end.

  永永远远,永无止境。

  两个朋友的不同祈祷

  The first man boarded the ship with his wife and decided to leave the second man on the island, considering the other man unworthy to receive God's blessings since none of his prayers hadbeen answered.

  第一个人和他太太上了船,他决定把第二个人留在那个小岛上。他认为另一个人不值得得到上帝的恩赐,因为他的祈祷一个也没应验。

  As the ship was about to leave, the first man heard a voice from Heaven booming, "Why areyou leaving your companion on the island?"

  正当船要离开的时候,第一个人听到天上传来轰隆的声音说:“为什么你把你的同伴留在岛上?”

  "My blessings are mine alone since I was the one who prayed for them," the first man answered. "His prayers were all unanswered and so he doesn’t deserve anything."

  第一个人回答说:“上帝的赐予都归我独享,因为是我祈求而来的。他的祈祷全都没应验,所以他不配得到任何东西。”

  "You are mistaken!" the voice rebuked him. "He had only one prayer, which I answered. If notfor that, you would not have received any of my blessings."

  “你错了!”那个声音责备他说:“我应允了他唯一的一个祈求,若非如此,你根本得不到我任何的赐予。”

  "Tell me," the first man asked the voice, "what did he pray for that I should owe him anything?"

  “告诉我,”第一个人问那个声音说:“他到底祈求什么,使我对他有所亏欠?”

  "He prayed that all your prayers would be answered."

  “他祈祷让你的祈求都能应验。”

  For all we know, our blessings are not the fruits of our prayers alone, but those of anotherpraying for us. So what you do for others is more important than what you do for yourself.

  我们都知道,我们所得到的恩典并非只是我们自己祈求的结果,还因为别人为我们祈福。为了别人而做的,往往比为自己而做的更重要。

  与老朋友们保持联系

  I recently met an old friend I hadn’t seen in ages.

  我最近见了一位许久没见面的老朋友。

  He said that he had been busy and also didn’t really know to contact me.

  他说自己过去一直很忙,也真的不知道与我联系。

  I told him the same.

  我告诉我也是一样。

  The truth is, we have a few mutual friends, if we had really wanted to contact each other, we could have.

  事实是,我们有一些共同的朋友,如果我们真的想联系对方,我们可以马上联系得到。

  But with busy schedules, and family life--and all sorts of things going on --well, I guess we just lost touch.

  但是繁忙的日程安排和家庭生活——及各种各样的事情——嗯,我想我们就失去联系了。

  So, I got to thinking about the people I am in touch with now and those I’d like to contact.

  所以,我开始思考我现在联系到的人及我想联系的人。

  I have a lot of friends and acquaintances,

  我有很多朋友和老相识,

  I used to have many more. Somewhere along the line,

  我以前有更多。但事与愿违,

  we just lost contact with each other.

  我们刚刚失去了联系。

  I’d like to contact some of my friends from high school.

  我想联系一些高中的朋友。

  I’d like to say hello to some of the people I used to know in New York and California,

  我想和一些自己曾经在纽约和加利福尼亚州认识的人打个招呼,

  I know I could do it.

  我知道我能做到。

  It wouldn’t require me to bend over backwards,

  它不会让我使出浑身解数,

  but I am not sure if I should.

  但是我不确定自己是否应该这样做。

  I mean, I have my hands full right now with family and work.

  我的意思是,现在的工作和家庭已经让我分身乏术。

  Plus, I have people that I am in contact with now,

  另外,我现在也和一些人保持着联系,

  and I fell kind of guilty that I am not able to spend more time with them.

  有种罪恶感蒙上我的心头,我不可以在他们身上再花更多的时间。

  Who needs more guilt? Not me!

  谁需要更多的罪恶?不是我!

    538314